Angkor is a sprawling archaeological site that was the seat of the mighty Khmer Empire for six centuries. This journey allows you to witness the best of Angkor by exploring this sprawling ruins at sunrise, which regarded by many as the quintessential Angkor experience. Fascinating stone mural sculptures make your eye wide open as adventure to these iconic Angkor temples include the ruins Angkor Wat, the giant smiling faces of Bayon, the “Jungle Temple” Ta Prohm, and the “Citadel of Women” Banteay Srei. Go further to take a boat excursion on Tonlé Sap Lake, the Asia’s biggest fresh water lake, to discover a flooded forest and a village on stilts and experience “Indiana Jones” feel as you walk through the dense jungle Beng Mealea temple.
- Best time to go: November to January | Ask for quotation
- Best value time to go: April – September (Low Season) | Ask for quotation
- Dress code: Women are suggested to dress modestly – no see through clothes, bare shoulders and must be skirts below knee length during the visits to Angkor temples
- Comfortable lightweight clothing and soft-soled walking shoes with low or no heels are suitable.
- For protection from sun, it is suggested you carry a sunhat and sunglasses.
|Group Size||Min. 2 People|
|Travel Types||Culture, Family, Group, History, Package Tour|
Day 1 – Siem Reap Arrival
Overnight in Siem Reap (3 nights)
Meals included: Dinner with Apsara Dance Show
Arrive at Siem Reap International Airport and transfer to your hotel in town. Late this afternoon begin your Angkor adventure with Preah Khan temple “Sacred Sword”. Then move to visit Neak Pean temple “the coiled serpents” and conclude your day with the mysterious Ta Prohm, also known the “Kingdom of the Trees” or “Tomb Raider Temple”. This evening enjoy your welcome delicious dinner with Traditional Khmer Dance performance at a local restaurant.
Day 2 – Siem Reap
Overnight in Siem Reap
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Today rise early to catch the spectacular sunrise over the wonderful ruins of Angkor Wat, regarded by many as the quintessential Angkor experience. Enter through the eastern gate and exit at the west gate avoiding the crowds. Discover the masterpiece of the Khmer empire, walking amid moss-covered, pathways and intricately carved bas-reliefs. Return to your hotel for refreshment and late leisurely breakfast. The rest of this morning is free at leisure. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant.
Spend the rest of this afternoon discovering the ancient fortified city of Angkor Thom with its stunning Bayon Temple. The structure of the giant faces of Bayon temple is staggering in its construction and most Angkor specialists agree that it is one of the finest examples of classic Khmer architecture. Continue to see the Terrace of the Elephant and Terrace of the Leper King to view their detailed stone carvings. Return to the town and strolling around the Khmer craft centre of Artisan d’Angkor and the Old Market. Dinner will be served at a nice restaurant with awesome food and scenery of the Siem Reap River.
Day 3 – Siem Reap
Overnight in Siem Reap
Meals included: Breakfast and Lunch
It’s definitely worth making the journey that little bit further to avoid the crowds and experience the local authenticity. We suggest you to have early breakfast at the hotel and head to discover Banteay Srei temple “Pink Temple” before crowds arrive. Banteay Srei, literally mean “the Citadel of Women”, is the unique pink sandstone temple with beautiful ornate stone carvings which is seen nowhere else in Angkor. You will also stop at a local village along the way to meet local people and see how they produce their local commodities such as sugar palm.
Then drive to Kampong Khleang, another dwelling and the largest community on the fringes of the magnificent Tonlé Sap Lake. Embark on a boat ride to see Kampong Khleang in all its glory as you pass through the village where the fisherman and their families live in stilted houses among the petrified mangrove forests and waterways that dot the landscape. Enjoy a packed lunch served on one of the local houses and learn about their everyday life on the lake. Continue to jungle temple of Beng Mealea. Undiscovered for centuries, Beng Mealea is one of the very few temples that actually give the opportunity to climb through it, giving a very ‘Indiana Jones’ feel to the experience.
This evening is free at leisure and enjoy an independence dinner at yours.
Day 4 – Siem Reap / Departure
Meals included: Breakfast
Free at leisure until transfer to Siem Reap Airport with your tour guide (#Flight to be advised). Local bottled water & cold towels are provided.
*** End of Services ***
PRICES , TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Prices are varied upon hotel choice, season & number of people traveling together. Get a right quotation please send your inquiry.
- 3 nights hotel accommodation as mentioned on sharing room basis
- Transportation by a private air-conditioned vehicles
- Private English speaking tour guide
- Meals as indicated
- Admission fees for listed tourist attractions and shows
- Local bottled water while sightseeing
- All government taxes and service charge
- Tips for guides & drivers
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurances
- Drinks during meals and additional order on spot (if any)
- All airfares and airport tax
- Surcharge & compulsory meals during Chinese New Year, Christmas & New Year Eve (if any)
- More than 30 days – No penalty charge
- From 29 day to 15 days – 30% of full excursion price penalty charge
- From 14 day to 07 days – 60% of full excursion price penalty charge
- Less than 07 days – subject to a forfeiture of the entire tour price