The tour is for an insight into the horrors suffered by the Cambodian people during that dark period. Although not a joyful tour, visiting these monuments unlocks keys to understanding the development of this still developing country. Start with a visit to the Documentation Centre of Cambodia office (DC-Cam), an independent organization that contains the world’s largest archive on the Khmer Rouge period. Then take onsite visits to the harrowing S-21 Security Prison and the Chhoeung Ek Killing Fields Memorial to learn the country’s tragic recent history under the Khmer Rouge regime of the 1970s. Your tour ends with a nice friendly discussion lunch/dinner with your tour guide. He would be happy to answer your questions about the tour, share his personal experiences during Khmer Rouge regime and his views about the recent Cambodia.
- Pick up from hotel lobby at 8 am (morning) or 2.30 pm (afternoon)
- Visit the Documentation Centre of Cambodia office (DC-Cam)
- Explore the Genocide Museum S-21 and the Chhoeung Ek Killing Fields Memorial
- A friendly discussion lunch/dinner hosted by your tour guide is served at a local restaurant
- Return to hotel 1.20 pm (morning) & 8.30 pm (afternoon)
TOUR DURATION: 5 Hours
- Comfortable lightweight clothing and soft-soled walking shoes with low or no heels are suitable.
- For protection from sun, it is suggested you carry a sunhat and sunglasses.
|Group Size||Min. 2 People|
|Travel Types||Culture, Day Tour, Family, History, Special Interest|
PRICES , TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- English Speaking Guide
- Private Vehicle
- Admission fees
- Bottled Water
- Lunch/dinner at local restaurant with drinking water
- Taxes and Service Charge
- Tips for guide & driver
- Any items not mentioned in the itinerary
- Audio headset at the Killing Fields
- Personal expenses and Travel insurances
- Drinks during lunch/dinner and other additional order on spot (if any)
- Child from 00 to 4.99 free of charge
- Child from 05 to 11.99 will pay 50% of adult price
- Child starting from 12 years will pay full excursion price as adult.
- More than 7 days – No penalty charge
- From 6 day to 3 days – 50% of full excursion price penalty charge
- Less than 03 days – subject to a forfeiture of the entire tour price