Head to Cambodia’s former capital, Oudong, about 39km from Phnom Penh. Climb the stairs to the top of Oudong Mountain and enjoy magnificent views over the plains below as your guide explain the history of the area and its buildings as well as the religious culture of the Cambodian people. Take your time to soak in the magnificent views over the plains below. Then take a look at the spectacular Vipassana Dhura Buddhist Meditation Center. Don’t forget to see the impressive jade Buddha, the mummified monk and the brightly painted walls telling the story of the Ramayana, the epic Sanskrit poem that decorates many pagodas seen around the country.
Afterwards drive to a local port to embark a ferry crosses Tonle Sap River to Koh Dach Island, where Cambodian families gather on weekends for picnics and swimming. Enjoy your local lunch here and there will be time to relax and/or swim in the river (depending on river’s water level).
Later set sail downstream to the nearby Prek Boeung Kong Island to visit a silk weaving house with an exhibition of silk development starting from the worm to the final product. After pay a visit to Boeung Kong Pagoda. Return to the boat and sail back to Phnom Penh enjoying drinks on the way. Arrival Phnom Penh Port you are transferred back to the hotel.
- Pick up from hotel lobby at 8.00 pm
- Drive outskirt of Phnom Penh to the sacred Oudong Mountain
- Visit the spectacular Vipassana Dhura Buddhist Meditation Center.
- Embark a ferry crosses Tonle Sap River to Koh Dach Island. Enjoy your picnic lunch here and relax and/or swim in the river.
- Then set sail downstream to the nearby Prek Boeung Kong Island to visit a silk weaving house with an exhibition of silk development starting from the worm to the final product.
- After pay a visit to Boeung Kong Pagoda
- Sail back to Phnom Penh enjoying drinks on the way.
- Arrive Phnom Penh Port, transfer back to the hotel.
TOUR DURATION: 8 Hours
- Comfortable lightweight clothing and soft-soled walking shoes with low or no heels are suitable.
- For protection from sun, it is suggested you carry a sunhat and sunglasses.
|Group Size||Min. 2 People|
|Travel Types||Adventure, Culture, Day Tour, Family, History, Special Interest|
PRICES , TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Tour fare: Upon Request (Min. 2 Adults to start)
- English Speaking Guide
- Private Vehicle
- Admission fees
- Picnic lunch & soft drinks
- Boat rental fee
- Bottled Water
- Taxes and Service Charge
- Tips for guide & driver
- Any items not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurances
- Child from 00 to 4.99 free of charge
- Child from 05 to 11.99 will pay 50% of adult price
- Child starting from 12 years will pay full excursion price as adult.
- More than 7 days – No penalty charge
- From 6 day to 3 days – 50% of full excursion price penalty charge
- Less than 03 days – subject to a forfeiture of the entire tour price