Believed to be the world’s largest religious building, Angkor is the perfect fusion of symbolism and symmetry and a source of pride and strength to all Khmers. Exploring this masterpiece with your guide and watching the beautiful sunrise and sunset over this infamous World Heritage site, the “City of Temples” built to replicate the heavens on earth, is a magical experience. This tour helps you uncover the story of the Khmer Empire while exploring the Angkor Temple Complex, a sprawling archaeological site that was the seat of the mighty Khmer Empire for six centuries including the magnificent Angkor Wat and the “jungle temple” Ta Prohm, the giant smiling faces of Bayon, Banteay Srei (the Citadel of Women), and you should not miss to witness the hundred year olds “Royal Ballet or Apsara Dance”.
- Best time to go: November to January | Ask for quotation
- Best value time to go: April – September (Low Season) | Ask for quotation
- Dress code: Women are suggested to dress modestly – no see through clothes, bare shoulders and must be skirts below knee length during the visits to Angkor temples
- Comfortable lightweight clothing and soft-soled walking shoes with low or no heels are suitable.
- For protection from sun, it is suggested you carry a sunhat and sunglasses.
|Group Size||Min. 2 People|
|Travel Types||Culture, Family, Group, History, Package Tour|
Day 1 – Siem Reap Arrival
Overnight in Siem Reap (2 nights)
Meals included: Dinner with Apsara Dance Show
Landing in Siem Reap International Airport and transfer to your hotel in town. The transfer varies from 20-30 minutes due to traffic. Late this afternoon, at 3 pm, start your Angkor adventure with a professional guide at the mightiest Khmer temple –and the world’s largest religious monument –spectacular Angkor Wat until sunset. Walk its shady cloisters among orange-robed monks and watch the setting sun paint the temple’s lofty prangs (spires) and carved walls gold as dusk falls. This evening enjoy your delicious dinner with Traditional Khmer Dance performance at a local restaurant.
Day 2 – Siem Reap
Overnight in Siem Reap
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Today continue to discover the ancient fortified city of Angkor Thom with its stunning Bayon Temple. The structure of the giant faces of Bayon temple is staggering in its construction and most Angkor specialists agree that it is one of the finest examples of classic Khmer architecture. Continue to see the Terrace of the Elephant and Terrace of the Leper King to view their detailed stone carvings and the Preah Khan temple “Sacred Sword”.
After lunch at local restaurant, drive to explore Banteay Srei temple “the Citadel of Women”, a pink sandstone temple with beautiful ornate stone carvings which is seen nowhere else in Angkor. Stop at a local village along the way to meet local people and see how they produce their local commodities such as sugar palm. Lastly, visit the mysterious Ta Prohm, entangled in the surrounding jungle foliage. See weathered Buddha faces appear in bas-relief and giant tree roots seem to flow over stone walls. Dinner will be served at a local restaurant.
Day 3 – Siem Reap / Departure
Meals included: Breakfast
Today rise early to catch the spectacular sunrise over the wonderful ruins of Angkor Wat by Remork (Tuk Tuk), regarded by many as the quintessential Angkor experience. Enter through the eastern gate and exit at the west gate avoiding the crowds. Return to your hotel for breakfast.
Free at leisure and transfer to the airport for your departure home or next destination.
*** End of Services ***
PRICES , TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Prices are varied upon hotel choice, season & number of people traveling together. Get a right quotation please send your inquiry.
- 2 nights hotel accommodation as mentioned on sharing room basis
- Transportation by a private air-conditioned vehicles
- Private English speaking tour guide
- Meals as indicated
- Admission fees for listed tourist attractions and shows
- Local bottled water while sightseeing
- All government taxes and service charge
- Tips for guides & drivers
- Personal expenses and Travel insurances
- Drinks during meal and additional order on spot (if any)
- All airfares and airport tax
- Compulsory meals during Chinese New Year, Christmas & New Year Eve (if any)
- More than 30 days – No penalty charge
- From 29 day to 15 days – 30% of full excursion price penalty charge
- From 14 day to 07 days – 60% of full excursion price penalty charge
- Less than 07 days – subject to a forfeiture of the entire tour price