Tour the highlights of the city to discover its recent past and present. Begin with Cambodia’s glittering Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda. Continue to the National Museum, home to the country’s most important collection of ancient Cambodian artifacts. Another favorite is the Russian Market, which sells a vast array of goods. Whilst here, take time to visit the harrowing S-21 Interrogation Center and the Choeung Ek Killing Fields Memorial to learn the country’s tragic recent history under the Khmer Rouge regime of the 1970s. Although not a joyful tour, visiting these monuments unlocks keys to understanding the development of this still developing country.
- Pick up from hotel lobby at 8 am
- Discover the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda
- Walk to explore the National Museum
- If time permits visit Tuol Tumpong “Russian” Market
- Lunch served at a local restaurant
- Explore the Genocide Museum S-21 and the Choeung Ek Killing Fields Memorial
- Return to hotel
TOUR DURATION: 8 Hours
- The Royal palace can be totally/partly closed without prior notice for some royal ceremonies.
- Dress code at the Royal Palace: Women are suggested to dress modestly – no see through clothes, bare shoulders and must be skirts below knee length.
- Comfortable lightweight clothing and soft-soled walking shoes with low or no heels are suitable.
- For protection from sun, it is suggested you carry a sunhat and sunglasses.
|Group Size||Min. 2 People|
|Travel Types||Culture, Day Tour, Family, History|
PRICES , TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- English Speaking Guide
- Private Vehicle
- Admission fees
- Bottled Water
- Lunch at local restaurant with drinking water
- Taxes and Service Charge
- Tips for guide & driver
- Any items not mentioned in the itinerary
- Audio headset at the Killing Fields
- Personal expenses and Travel insurances
- Drinks during lunch/dinner and other additional order on spot (if any)
- Child from 00 to 4.99 free of charge
- Child from 05 to 11.99 will pay 50% of adult price
- Child starting from 12 years will pay full excursion price as adult.
- More than 7 days – No penalty charge
- From 6 day to 3 days – 50% of full excursion price penalty charge
- Less than 03 days – subject to a forfeiture of the entire tour price