Oudong Mountain, once was a Cambodia’s ancient capital called Oudong Meanchey, and literally means “noble victory” for around 200 years until it was moved to Phnom Penh. Located around 40 km from Phnom Penh, Oudong remains a sacred place where the construction of a huge stupa has recently been built to store and conserve the relic of Preah Serei Roek Theat (Ash of the Buddha). Climb the stairs to the top of Oudong Mountain and enjoy magnificent views over the plains below. Your tour guide will explain the history of the area and its buildings as well as the religious culture of the Cambodian people. Continue to the nearby spectacular Vipassana Dhura Buddhist Meditation Centre and see the impressive jade Buddha, the mummified monk and the brightly painted walls telling the story of the Ramayana, the epic Sanskrit poem. Before continuing your journey back to the capital, detour to visit the village of Kampong Luong, once the royal port for Oudong, the village has been home to generations of silversmiths.
- Pick up from hotel lobby at 8 am (morning) or 2 pm (afternoon)
- Drive through countryside views to visit the sacred place of Oudong Mountain and enjoy magnificent views over the plains below.
- Explore the nearby spectacular Vipassana Dhura Buddhist Meditation Centre
- Visit the village of Kampong Luong, famous for its silverwork. You can watch cups, bowls and boxes being crafted by the hard working villagers.
- Return to hotel
TOUR DURATION: 4 Hours
- Comfortable lightweight clothing and soft-soled walking shoes with low or no heels are suitable.
- For protection from sun, it is suggested you carry a sunhat and sunglasses.
|Group Size||Min. 2 People|
|Travel Types||Culture, Day Tour, Escape, Family, History|
PRICES , TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- English Speaking Guide
- Private Vehicle
- Admission fees
- Bottled Water
- Taxes and Service Charge
- Tips for guide & driver
- Any items not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses and Travel insurances
- All meals and drinks
- Child from 00 to 4.99 free of charge
- Child from 05 to 11.99 will pay 50% of adult price
- Child starting from 12 years will pay full excursion price as adult.
- More than 7 days – No penalty charge
- From 6 day to 3 days – 50% of full excursion price penalty charge
- Less than 03 days – subject to a forfeiture of the entire tour price