It’s really an amazing day trip with an overwhelming abundance of birds in Tonle Sap’s flooded forest wonderland. This excursion is not only a great birdwatching opportunity but also offers a fascinating insight into life on the lake as journey across the mighty Tonle Sap Lake in a traditional wooden long tail boat to the Prek Toal Core Area, which is a seasonal home to a large number of globally threatened water birds for whom the sanctuary is the most important breeding site in all of Southeast Asia. When the waters are high, boats float past the treetops, and visitors have a very special birds’ eye view of the water birds’ nesting sites. December to April sees the heaviest concentration of birds at Prek Toal. The trip also requires a certain level of agility as the platforms are quite difficult to access. (Note: Part of program would be changed due to seasonal reason)
The sanctuary harbours eight species of water birds of global significance: Spot billed Pelican, Milky Stork, Painted Stork, Lesser Adjutant, Greater Adjutant, Black headed Ibis, Grey-headed Fish-Eagle, Oriental Darter and over 150 species have been recorded in the reserve. Viewing platforms have been erected to allow better views over the freshwater swamp, the nesting ground for the large water birds.
- Pick up from hotel lobby at 5.30 am. (we will pack breakfast from Siem Reap)
- Transfer to Mechrey and from there boat a local wooden boat cruising across the great Tonle Sap Lake to Prek Toal village.
- Arrive at Prek Toal, visiting the station; pick up ranger then goes into the core reserve, birding all the way.
- 00 am Arrive at bird colonies; enjoy birding from the platform
- 00 am Go back to Prek Toal village for lunch.
- 00 pm Arrive at Prek Toal, lunch at the local restaurant
- 15 pm Visit the village and the water hyacinth platform
- 30 pm Arrive at hotel
TOUR DURATION: 10 Hours
- Part of program would be changed due to seasonal reason
- Comfortable lightweight clothing and soft-soled walking shoes with low or no heels are suitable.
- For protection from sun, it is suggested you carry a sunhat and sunglasses.
|Group Size||Min. 2 People|
|Travel Types||Adventure, Culture, Day Tour, Escape, Family, Special Interest, Trekking, Wildlife|
PRICES , TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- English speaking waterbirds specialist tour guide during the entire excursion
- Private Vehicle
- Private boat trip
- A private ranger during birdwatching and conservation contribution
- Lunch at local restaurant with drinking water
- Admission fees
- Bottled Water
- Taxes and Service Charge
- Tips for guide & driver
- Any items not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurances
- All meals and drinks
- Child from 00 to 4.99 free of charge
- Child from 05 to 11.99 will pay 70% of adult price
- Child starting from 12 years will pay full excursion price as adult.
- More than 7 days – No penalty charge
- From 6 day to 3 days – 50% of full excursion price penalty charge
- Less than 03 days – subject to a forfeiture of the entire tour price