- Daily Excursion
- Daily Excursions In Siem Reap
- Educational Field Trip
- Luxury Journey
- Off the-beaten-track
- Senior Traveller
It’s definitely worth making the journey that little bit further to avoid the crowds and experience the local authenticity. Head to Kampong Khleang, another dwelling and the largest community on the fringes of the magnificent Tonlé Sap Lake. Embark on a boat ride to see Kampong Khleang in all its glory as you pass through the village where the fisherman and their families live in stilted houses among the petrified mangrove forests and waterways that dot the landscape. Enjoy a packed lunch on one of the local houses and learn about their everyday life on the lake. Continue to jungle temple of Beng Mealea. Undiscovered for centuries, Beng Mealea is one of the very few temples that actually give the opportunity to climb through it, giving a very ‘Indiana Jones’ feel to the experience.
- Pick up from hotel lobby at 8.30 am
- Visit the biggest community of Kampong Khleang on Tonle Sap Lake with boat ride
- Enjoy picnic boxed lunches on a local stilted/floating house
- Experience “Indiana Jones” feel as you walk through the dense jungle Beng Mealea temple and climb through it.
- Return to your hotel
TOUR DURATION: 8 Hours
- During the months Apr-June the water level may be too low for a visit by boat. However the village is still fascinating and can be visited by vehicle. Quite dramatic to see how the stilted houses are exposed from lake when water levels are low.
- Comfortable lightweight clothing and soft-soled walking shoes with low or no heels are suitable.
- For protection from sun, it is suggested you carry a sunhat and sunglasses.
|Best Travel Month||November to February|
|Travel Types||Adventure, Culture, Day Tour, Escape, Family|