Head outskirt of Siem Reap through local villages to discover Kbal Spean. Enjoy a moderate 3km trek up the hill through dense jungle before reaching “River of 1000 lingas” on the top; with its amazing Hindu stone carvings of Hindu gods, animals and phallic symbols in the river bed. Then explore the famous petit pink Banteay Srei temple “Citadel of the Women”. On the way, you will have some opportunity to taste some fruits and local produce, and your guide will facilitate interaction with the villagers. You will also visit the Banteay Samre and Cambodian Landmine Museum. Mr. Aki Ra, the museum founder, was a child soldier during the Khmer Rouge regime and is today working as a de-miner. The museum serves also as a rescue center for a number of landmine amputee children.
- Pick up from hotel lobby at 8 am
- Discover Kbla Spean with a moderate 3km trekking through dense jungle
- Lunch served at a local restaurant
- Visit the pink Banteay Srei temple “citadel of women”
- Stop en route to taste some fruits and local produce
- Visit Banteay Samre and Cambodian Landmine Museum
- Return to your hotel
TOUR DURATION: 8 Hours
- Dress code: Women are suggested to dress modestly – no see through clothes, bare shoulders and must be skirts below knee length.
- Comfortable lightweight clothing and soft-soled walking shoes with low or no heels are suitable.
- For protection from sun, it is suggested you carry a sunhat and sunglasses.
|Best Travel Month||November to February|
|Travel Types||Adventure, Culture, Day Tour, Escape, Family, Trekking|