Believed to be the world’s largest religious building, Angkor is the perfect fusion of symbolism and symmetry and a source of pride and strength to all Khmers. Exploring this masterpiece with your guide and watching the beautiful sunrise and sunset over this infamous World Heritage site, the “City of Temples” built to replicate the heavens on earth, is a magical experience. This tour helps you uncover the story of the Khmer Empire while exploring the Angkor Temple Complex, a sprawling archaeological site that was the seat of the mighty Khmer Empire for six centuries including the magnificent Angkor Wat and the “jungle temple” Ta Prohm, the giant smiling faces of Bayon, Banteay Srei (the Citadel of Women), and you should not miss to witness the hundred year olds “Royal Ballet or Apsara Dance”.
- Best time to go: November to January | Ask for quotation
- Best value time to go: April – September (Low Season) | Ask for quotation
- Dress code: Women are suggested to dress modestly – no see through clothes, bare shoulders and must be skirts below knee length during the visits to Angkor temples
- Comfortable lightweight clothing and soft-soled walking shoes with low or no heels are suitable.
- For protection from sun, it is suggested you carry a sunhat and sunglasses.
|Best Travel Month||Year round|
|Travel Types||Culture, Family, Group, History, Package Tour|
DAY 1: ARRIVAL INTO SIEM REAP / ANGKOR WAT AT SUNSET
Arrive into Siem Reap International Airport #flight to be advised.
After clearing all entrance formalities, you are met and greeted by your local English speaking at the exit and thereafter privately transfer to your hotel in town (local bottled water & cold towels are provided). The transfer varies from 20-30 minutes due to traffic.
Late this afternoon, at 3 pm, start your Angkor adventure with a professional guide at the mightiest Khmer temple and the world’s largest religious monument of Angkor Wat until sunset. Walk its shady cloisters among orange-robed monks and watch the setting sun paint the temple’s lofty prangs (spires) and carved walls gold as dusk falls. Your guide will show you the best spot for Kodak opportunity. This evening enjoy your delicious dinner with Traditional Khmer Dance performance at a local restaurant.
Accommodation: Overnight in Siem Reap
Meals: Dinner with Apsara Dance Show
DAY 2: SIEM REAP / FULL DAY ANGKOR TOUR
Today you will discover the ancient fortified city of Angkor Thom, built in the 10th century by the greatest of the Khmer rulers, King Jayavarman VII (1181 – 1201). From Angkor Thom’s southern gateway, continue to visit Bayon temple. The structure of the giant faces of Bayon temple is staggering in its construction and most Angkor specialists agree that it is one of the finest examples of classic Khmer architecture. Then see the nearby Terrace of the Elephant and Terrace of the Leper King to view their detailed stone carvings. Conclude this morning at Preah Khan Temple, built approximately during the same period as Ta Prohm, and originally served both as a religious university and a temple.
After lunch at local restaurant, drive to explore Banteay Srei temple “the Citadel of Women”, a pink sandstone temple with beautiful ornate stone carvings which is seen nowhere else in Angkor. Stop at a local village along the way to meet local people and see how they produce their local commodities such as sugar palm. Lastly visit the mysterious Ta Prohm, also known the “Kingdom of the Trees” or “Tomb Raider Temple”. Climb over its crumbling stonework and marvel at the tree roots dripping down the temple’s walls and see weathered Buddha faces appear in bas-relief and giant tree roots seem to flow over stone walls. Dinner served at a local restaurant.
Accommodation: Overnight in Siem Reap
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
DAY 3: SIEM REAP / DEPARTURE
Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel
Free at leisure until transfer to Siem Reap Airport with your tour guide for your departure home or next destination (#Flight to be advised). Local bottled water & cold towels are provided.
*** END OF SERVICES ***
TOUR PRICES (US DOLLARS) IS AS FOLLOW:
TOUR PRICE: Upon Request
– Accommodation with daily breakfast
– Transportation by a private a/c vehicle
– Private English speaking tour guides
– Overland transfer with driver only (No guide) where specified.
– Meals as indicated in the itinerary
– Admission fees as mentioned in the itinerary
– Local bottled water while sightseeing
– All government taxes and service charge
– Tips for guides & drivers
– Personal expenses
– Travel insurances
– All airfares and airport tax
– Drinks during lunch/dinner and other additional order on spot (if any)
– Optional tours/services
– Below 5 years old – Free of charge
– From 5 to 11 years old – 50% charge of adult price
– From 12 years old & up – Adult price will be applied