- Cambodia, Press Release, Siem Reap, Travel news
- Angkor Temples, Cambodia, Press Release, tourism, UNESCO, World Heritage
The Ministry of Tourism has the great honor to inform the public and tourists that after millions of viewers all over the world electing an ancient temple as the magnificent historic building site by the website of TripAdvisor Co. Inc., Cambodia’s Angkor Temple is ranked first of the world’s magnificent historic building sites for 2017.
This is the fourth year that the Angkor Temple has been elected by viewers all over the world, and it has been ranked first consecutively by the different famous websites. In 2014, the Angkor Temple was ranked first of the world’s most famous archeological and historical sites by the website of ArchaeoMadness Co. In the early year of 2015, the Angkor Temple was ranked first of the world’s most famous historic sites by the website of TripAdvisor Co. In 2016, the Angkor Temple was ranked first of the world’s most popular cultural tourist sites by the website of Lonely Planet Co.
Let me inform you that in May 2016, Mr. Anton Caragea the President of the European Council on Tourism and Trade and Mr. Mircea Constantinescu the Chairman of the European Tourism Academy declared Cambodia the World’s Best Tourist Destination for 2016 and the Favorite Cultural Tourist Destination for 2016 as the Kingdom of Cambodia has been deemed to be `Kingdom of Wonder’ based on five elements:
- Marvels of culture, especially Angkor Temple – the masterpiece of Khmer people and all humanity, and marvels of nature;
- The large Tonle Sap Lake in Asia with the returning flow of water, unparalleled In the world;
- The feature of Cambodian Buddhism, not only teaching humans to become disciples but also advising them to do good deeds;
- The charming smile of Cambodian people; if you want to see the true smile of humans, please come to Cambodia; and
- The wise and brilliant leadership of Samdech Techo HUN SEN the Prime Minister who has combined tourism with culture to develop the country.
Moreover, the European Tourism Academy has unanimously elected Samdech Techo the Prime Minister as the Honorary Member of the European Tourism Academy by virtue of his great heroism in the development of the whole country from zero until prosperity recognized in the national and international arenas. The European Tourism Academy has also named Samdech Techo the Prime Minister as the ‘Man of Action, Man of Dialogue and Man of Reflection’.
This outcome is very suitable for Cambodia, and the consecutive acceptance of first-class awards truly reflects success of the Royal Government of Cambodia under the haven of peace and the wise leadership of Samdech Akira Moha Sena Padei Techo HUN SEN, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia, who is the constructor of the win-win policy and the open-sky policy to develop our beloved country.
On behalf of the Ministry of Tourism, we appeal to the public and tourists to maintain peace and protect our ancestral heritage in order to develop green tourism and the green economy on the golden land of Cambodia — Kingdom of Wonder — Feel the Warmth.
Source: Press Release of Ministry of Tourism of Kingdom of Cambodia on June 29th, 2017