Bicycle can be considered the best green way to discover Angkor temples as bikes allow you to closely access the temples. With mountain bikes, which is the most suitable for the countryside road, enjoy a beautiful ride through small roads with breathtaking views. Start a bit early for a chance to explore the Bayon temple before crowds arrive. Then continue on the dirt road, passing through rice fields, local village and jungle as you ride to Banteay Thom temple, one of Angkor’s hidden gems overlooked by most tourists. After lunch, visit the masterpieces of the Khmer empire including Ta Prohm, entangled in the surrounding jungle foliage and the timeless ruins of Angkor Wat, which you see until sunset. Contemplate the temple’s spiritual power while you stroll in the cool shade of its hallways, stopping to take in the perfume of burning incense, admire its intricate carvings, and climb its steep, dramatic towers as you catch the rays of sun dancing off the bas relief carvings at sunset.
- Pick up from hotel lobby at 6.30 am
- Ride to visit the imposing Bayon temple, The Terrace of the Elephants and the Terrace of the Leper King. Then continue on dirt road through paddy fields, local village and jungle with breathtaking views to explore Banteay Thom temple.
- Lunch served at a local restaurant
- Visit Ta Prohm temple
- Explore Angkor Wat until sunset
- Return to hotel after the sunset
TOUR DURATION: 10 Hours
- Approximately 40 Km ride in total
- Dress code: Women are suggested to dress modestly – no see through clothes, bare shoulders and must be skirts below knee length.
- Comfortable lightweight clothing and soft-soled walking shoes with low or no heels are suitable.
- For protection from sun, it is suggested you carry a sunhat and sunglasses.
|Best Travel Month||Year round|
|Travel Types||Adventure, Culture, Day Tour, Escape, Family, History, Special Interest, Trekking|