The tour is for an insight into the horrors suffered by the Cambodian people during that dark period. Although not a joyful tour, visiting these monuments unlocks keys to understanding the development of this still developing country. Start with a visit to the Documentation Centre of Cambodia office (DC-Cam), an independent organization that contains the world’s largest archive on the Khmer Rouge period. Then take onsite visits to the harrowing S-21 Security Prison and the Chhoeung Ek Killing Fields Memorial to learn the country’s tragic recent history under the Khmer Rouge regime of the 1970s. Your tour ends with a nice friendly discussion lunch/dinner with your tour guide. He would be happy to answer your questions about the tour, share his personal experiences during Khmer Rouge regime and his views about the recent Cambodia.
- Pick up from hotel lobby at 8 am (morning) or 2.30 pm (afternoon)
- Visit the Documentation Centre of Cambodia office (DC-Cam)
- Explore the Genocide Museum S-21 and the Chhoeung Ek Killing Fields Memorial
- A friendly discussion lunch/dinner hosted by your tour guide is served at a local restaurant
- Return to hotel 1.20 pm (morning) & 8.30 pm (afternoon)
TOUR DURATION: 5 Hours
- Comfortable lightweight clothing and soft-soled walking shoes with low or no heels are suitable.
- For protection from sun, it is suggested you carry a sunhat and sunglasses.
|Best Travel Month||Year round|
|Travel Types||Culture, Day Tour, Family, History, Special Interest|