Spend time getting to know the two intriguing destinations of Siem Reap Angkor and Phnom Penh capital, where the Cambodia’s most interesting Present & Past revealed. Start with Siem Reap, homes to the greatest city of Angkor, once dominated Southeast Asia for nearly 600 years. This journey is crafted to allow you uncover the story of the Khmer Empire as your guide will explain in-depth of its birth, rise and fall. Then set off to Phnom Penh, Cambodia’s capital since French colonization and learn about the kingdom’s tragic recent history under the Khmer Rouge regime of the 1970s. Although not a joyful tour, visiting these monuments unlocks keys to understanding the development of this still developing country. Visit the Cambodia’s glittering Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda, and the National Museum, home to the country’s most important collection of ancient Cambodian artefacts, and meandering at local market.
- Best time to go: November to January | Ask for quotation
- Best value time to go: April – September (Low Season) | Ask for quotation
- The Royal palace can be totally/partly closed without prior notice for some royal ceremonies.
- Dress code: Women are suggested to dress modestly – no see through clothes, bare shoulders and must be skirts below knee length during the visits to the Royal Palace and Angkor temples
- Comfortable lightweight clothing and soft-soled walking shoes with low or no heels are suitable.
- For protection from sun, it is suggested you carry a sunhat and sunglasses.
|Best Travel Month||Year round|
|Travel Types||Culture, Family, Group, History, Package Tour|