Spend time getting to know the two intriguing destinations of Phnom Penh capital and Siem Reap Angkor, where the Cambodia’s most interesting Present & Past revealed. Begin in Phnom Penh, Cambodia’s capital since French colonization. You will learn about the kingdom’s tragic recent history under the Khmer Rouge regime of the 1970s and appreciate its fine architectures. Then set off to Siem Reap, homes to the greatest city of Angkor, once dominated Southeast Asia for nearly 600 years. This journey allows you uncover the story of the Khmer Empire as your guide will explain in-depth of its birth, rise and fall as you discover the ruins of the mystical ancient Angkor Kingdom including the citadel ruins Angkor Wat; the giant smiling faces of Bayon, the “jungle temple” Ta Prohm, the pink Banteay Srei (the Citadel of Women) and the spectacular Khmer countryside and floating village on Tonle Sap Lake. Experience this hidden civilization “Khmer”, you will be astonished into this enchanting history.
- Best time to go: November to January | Ask for quotation
- Best value time to go: April – September (Low Season) | Ask for quotation
- The Royal palace can be totally/partly closed without prior notice for some royal ceremonies.
- Dress code: Women are suggested to dress modestly – no see through clothes, bare shoulders and must be skirts below knee length during the visits to the Royal Palace and Angkor temples
- Comfortable lightweight clothing and soft-soled walking shoes with low or no heels are suitable.
- For protection from sun, it is suggested you carry a sunhat and sunglasses.
|Best Travel Month||Year round|
|Travel Types||Culture, Family, Group, History, Package Tour|